$200,000,000 in Recoveries Since 1995
Nearly 20,000Satisfied Clients
- Brittany L. via
Cases Settled Quickly
Calls ReturnedEvery Time
Choose the right attorney!
Manhattan Construction Accident Lawyer
If you were injured while working in construction, you might have more options for compensation available than you realize. Find out by consulting with a Manhattan construction accident lawyer.
Were you hurt on the job while working at a construction site? If so, you are probably aware of the workers compensation benefits available to you. However, you might not be aware that if your accident met certain criteria, you can file a personal injury lawsuit, as well.
It’s not always clear if a worksite accident meets these criteria, and a Manhattan construction accident lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP can meet with you to determine if you have grounds for a case.
Will Filing a Lawsuit Impact My Workers Comp Benefits?
No, it shouldn’t impact them at all. You still need to file for benefits. Workers compensation is designed to kick in to pay for your medical bills and a portion of your lost wages. The problem is that these benefits will still leave you short of cash each payday and that they do not account for other damages, such as your pain and suffering.
A personal injury claim gives you the ability to get full compensation without sacrificing the benefits you are currently receiving.
Can I Sue My Employer for a Construction Injury?
Typically, no. Workers compensation laws are in place to prevent this under most circumstances. However, if your employer purposefully exposed you to harm or knowingly allowed you to work in unsafe conditions, they could be liable for your accident. For example, if your employer was previously cited by OSHA for failing to meet safety standards and refused to fix the problem, they would likely be viewed as willfully and grossly negligent.
You Can Seek Compensation from a Third Party
Most construction personal injury claims seek compensation from third parties outside of the company the injured victim works for. This could be a person, business, or government entity that contributed to your accident and injury.
Detailed below are examples of some of the entities that a Manhattan construction accident lawyer will be able to help you seek compensation from:
- Equipment Manufacturer – Numerous cases occur every year where heavy equipment and machinery malfunctions, leading to serious injuries and even death. In this scenario, the manufacturer could be financially liable.
- Manufacturer of Safety Gear – If your safety equipment did not stand up to the claims made by the manufacturer, they could be liable.
- Passersby – Someone walking or driving through the jobsite could be negligent if he or she caused your accident, although fellow employees will fall under the same category as your employer unless they are third-party contractors.
- Government Entity – If the construction job was for a government agency and they put you into unsafe working conditions, you can sue them. Claims against the government have special considerations compared to other injury claims, so you’ll want to act quickly.
Compensation for a Construction Accident
Working with a Manhattan construction accident lawyer from our office will ensure that you get as much compensation as possible for your injury claim. We will work closely with you and your doctor to identify and discover all of the damages you have experienced.
These are just a few of the damages that you might be able seek compensation for:
- The portion of lost income and earning potential not covered by workers comp
- Medical bills and procedures not covered by workers comp
- Property damage
- Transportation expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Lost enjoyment of life
Get Help from a Manhattan Industrial Accident Lawyer
You might not have to settle for the partial compensation provided by a workers comp claim. Instead, get the most money possible for your injuries by working with a Manhattan construction accident lawyer. To start your case, complete the form below or call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) to schedule a free consultation with Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP.