Manhattan Medical Malpractice Lawyer
If your trust in a healthcare provider was misplaced and an illness or injury was the result, you have the right to seek compensation. Find out how to handle your case by working with a Manhattan medical malpractice lawyer.
You trust your doctor to take care of you and for a hospital to be a safe place for you to recover. If you were harmed while in their care, you can file a lawsuit against them. To get the most compensation possible, hire a Manhattan medical malpractice lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP.
These are not easy cases to prove, and a doctor or hospital will have a team of attorneys representing them, this makes it critical to have an attorney of your own to advocate for your legal rights.
Do You Have a Malpractice Case?
When visiting our office for your consultation, we will ask questions to determine what happened to cause you harm. To have grounds for a medical negligence lawsuit, the following criteria must be met:
You must have suffered harm beyond what you were being treated for.
This is an important point to make because you cannot sue a doctor if the correct treatment was prescribed and simply failed to work.
A doctor, hospital, pharmacy, or other licensed healthcare provider must be to blame.
Someone involved in your treatment and care must have been negligent for you to file a malpractice lawsuit. Your Manhattan medical malpractice lawyer will know how identify any and all negligence, whether it involved a failure to act or an incorrectly executed procedure.
The medical negligence must be proven.
Establishing a link between your illness or injury and the negligence of the healthcare provider is critical to your case. We will collect all of the available evidence and employ expert testimony in order to demonstrate it.
Types of Medical Malpractice
Your Manhattan medical malpractice lawyer will have substantial experience representing clients who have suffered harm due to the actions or inactions of a medical provider. Some of the different types of cases we see are as follows:
- Birth Injuries – Damage caused to the baby or mother during delivery can often be linked to provider negligence.
- Infections – Negligent hospital or surgery conditions can lead to an infection, worsening a patient’s health.
- Medication Error – If a doctor prescribes a medication that interacts badly with another drug or a pharmacist dispenses the wrong dosage, they are responsible for their actions.
- Surgical Error – There have been cases of the wrong organs being taken out, tools left in the surgical site, and worse. A surgical error of any kind could be grounds for filing a lawsuit.
- Failure to Diagnose – If your doctor missed or discounted symptoms, he or she is responsible when your condition worsens.
If your scenario is not listed here, you may still have a case. We encourage you to speak with a Manhattan medical malpractice lawyer in our office to find out.
You should not have to suffer financially in addition to suffering physically and emotionally when you’ve been hurt by a doctor or other medical professional. To protect yourself financially, file a malpractice lawsuit and seek compensation for your damages and losses:
- Accident-related expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Transportation costs
- Physical therapy
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
Help from a Manhattan Medical Negligence Lawyer
Ask questions and learn more about your next steps by calling Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP to speak with a Manhattan medical malpractice lawyer. You can reach us by completing the contact form on this page or by calling 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462).