New York City Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction accidents are, unfortunately, a common occurrence in New York City. No doubt construction is an extremely dangerous industry, and accidents can, and do, occur during every phase of construction. Accidents can leave construction workers permanently disabled negatively impacting their health and livelihoods.
If you’ve been in a construction accident, get in touch with a New York City construction accident lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP. You don’t have to go through this alone.
Hiring the Right Construction Accident Lawyer in NYC
There are thousands of workers who are involved in the construction sector, which is considered to be one of the most dangerous areas to work in New York City. While the vast majority of people are able to perform their job safely and efficiently, workers do from time to time have accidents through no fault of their own. At a time like this, it is important to hire the right construction accident attorney in NYC to represent you and ensure that you are treated fairly, getting the compensation you need and deserve.
Construction Accident Lawyers Covers All Manner of Accidents
The challenge with construction is there is no single way you can get hurt. There are many ways a person can get into an accident. We understand this so as a premier construction accident law firm in NYC, we cover all manner of accidents that may occur on a job site. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Falls: A worker can slip and fall very easily if the company they are working for has not taken adequate precautions. In situations where a worker is on a scaffold, a fall is even more precarious, and it is important for companies to be vigilant in protecting the safety of their employees. Unfortunately, scaffolding accidents are not uncommon, and we represent clients as their lawyer in the event of a fall, regardless of where or how it occurred.
- Chemical Spills: When you are working in a construction zone, there are several hazards that must be clearly marked and contained. Companies have a responsibility to ensure that no hazardous chemicals come in contact with their workers, who may suffer damage because of exposure to chemical spills. As accident lawyers in NYC, we know that companies are often not as diligent as they should be in securing chemicals and preventing a chemical spill that may cause harm to their employees
- Burns and Shocks: Perhaps the most common and among the most dangerous of the cases we see are those that involve electricity or heat. In both situations, there could be faulty equipment at play, bad insulation, or insufficient protection provided to the worker by the company or their vendors. In cases like this, the worker may suffer permanent damage and need long-term medical care, which is why it is essential to have a good attorney.
As a Firm, We Explore all Options
Our goal as your local representation is to make sure that a number of things happen. Among these are the following:
- Medical Coverage: Companies too often will try to avoid paying the costs of healthcare for their employees who have been injured on the job. These medical expenses can be very high, depending on the type of injury, making it critical that the company contributes toward the employee’s recovery. We want to make sure you are not paying these expenses out of pocket.
- Lost Wages: When you are hurt on the job, you may need to take time off to heal and recover. No worker who has been subjected to a workplace accident should have to additionally suffer the lack of a paycheck while recovering. One of our key tenants is to make sure that we are working to recover some or all of your lost wages.
- Disability Benefits: In the event that it is determined that you have a permanent disability, we will work very hard to make sure you get the most disability benefits possible. Once on disability, depending on the severity of your injuries, this may be the only income you have, which is why it is critical to have the right construction accident lawyer representing you in getting these benefits.
Types of NYC Construction Accidents
Accidents of many kinds can happen in or around construction sites. Some examples include:
- Scaffold collapse
- Ladder accidents
- Falling debris
- Building collapse
- Crushing accidents
- Crane accidents
- Unsafe work equipment
- Trench collapse
- Toxic materials
- Roadside construction
- Fire and explosions
- Nail gun accidents
- Crane accidents
- Forklift accidents
Types of Injuries Caused by NYC Construction Accidents
When you’re in a construction accident, injuries are likely. These are a few of the more common injuries sustained in these kinds of accidents:
- Traumatic brain injuries (“TBI”)
- Paralysis or other spinal cord injuries
- Crush injuries
- Internal injuries
- Blindness or hearing loss
- Broken (fractured) bones
- Neck and back injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
What Should I Do if I Have Been in an NYC Construction Accident?
If you are injured, immediately get medical attention.
You should also report the accident to your employer so they can immediately file a workers compensation claim for you. Workers compensation will cover your medical bills and a portion of your lost wages.
It is also helpful to obtain pictures of the accident site.
Who Is Responsible for My NYC Construction Accident?
Multiple parties can be held liable for an NYC construction accident, including the following:
- General contractor
- Prime contractors
- Construction manager
- Property owners
- Architects and engineers
- Manufacturers of construction machinery or equipment
Talk to Your Construction Accident Attorney in NYC
At Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP, we know accidents happen. While being an accident victim may be unavoidable, choosing the wrong attorney is not. Our partners each have more than 25 years of experience handling highly complicated personal injury claims. We know how the insurance industry works and the steps adjusters take to protect their bottom line. All our accident and injury claims are managed by one of our partners, experienced in fighting back against any low-ball insurance offers.
Don’t be a victim twice. If you are a victim of a construction accident, don’t let the insurance company take advantage of you. Call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or fill out the form below to schedule a confidential consultation with a New York City construction accident lawyer. The call and the consultation are free, and you don’t pay us unless we are successful.