Don’t be a victim twiceChoose the right attorney!
$200,000,000 in Recoveries Since 1995
Nearly 20,000Satisfied Clients
- Brittany L. via
Cases Settled Quickly
Calls ReturnedEvery Time
NEW YORK CITYPERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
In Recoveries Since 1995
Nearly 20,000 Satisfied Clients
In Recoveries Since 1995
Cases Settled Quickly
Calls Returned Every TIme
Don’t be a victim twice
Choose the right attorney!
NYC Bus Accident Lawyer
When you’ve been hurt in a bus wreck, you need a settlement that factors in every single expense and loss that you’ll experience in the time to come. Make sure you get fair compensation by working with an NYC bus accident lawyer.
The aftermath of a bus crash can be a confusing time filled with questions and uncertainty. Odds are that you’re injured and facing a mountain of medical bills and other losses related to the accident. You deserve compensation for what you’ve been through, but that means determining who was at fault and then negotiating a fair settlement from them.
This kind of challenge can seem intimidating and overwhelming at the best of times, but dealing with insurers and opposing attorneys is more than any crash victim should have to deal with. An NYC bus accident lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP can help you through these legal hurdles, allowing you to focus on getting back to your life while still receiving the largest settlement possible for your case.
Bus Crashes and Determining Fault
Before filing a personal injury claim, we’ll first need to determine precisely who was at fault for your bus accident. These wrecks are more complicated than traffic accidents involving just passenger vehicles because there are more potential at-fault parties involved. In addition to the bus’s driver, the bus company and several others will need to be investigated for fault.
Your NYC bus accident lawyer will determine who was to blame, thereby allowing you to name them all in your claim and maximize the size of your potential settlement. Listed below are just a few of the parties that we’ll need to investigate:
- Bus Driver – Speeding, driver distraction, drowsy driving, and even driving while intoxicated are all common causes of bus wrecks that will make the driver responsible.
- Bus Company – The company that owns the bus is responsible for making sure that all drivers have safe driving records and that the buses are maintained to safe standards. If they fail in either of these duties, the company will be partially responsible.
- Bus or Parts Manufacturer – A surprising number of vehicle crashes are caused by product defects, and bus accidents are no exception.
- Another Driver – The driver of your bus may not be at fault, but the driver of a vehicle that hit the bus could be negligent for all the same reasons.
- Government Entity – If dangerous road conditions caused your bus accident, the government agency responsible for keeping the road in good repair could be at fault.
Getting a Fair and Full Bus Wreck Settlement
In the end, your financial compensation is most likely going to be paid by the insurance company of the at-fault party. While determining fault is a difficult process, getting an insurer to treat you fairly can be even more so.
This is because their primary goal is to boost their profit margins by settling your claim for far less than its actual value. They’ll try to get you to settle before you know all of the damages you could be facing, and they’ll also try to pin the blame on you, often by using your own statements out of context against you.
This is why it’s best to let an NYC bus accident lawyer from our firm handle the communications with the insurance company and their attorneys.
Know the Value of Your Bus Accident Claim
Virtually every financial loss and negative effect you suffer because of the bus wreck should be factored into your financial compensation. This means assessing the value of your current and future financial expenses, in addition to your non-economic damages.
Your NYC bus accident lawyer will help you seek a settlement that includes any of the following that apply to your case:
- Cost of medical treatments and procedures
- Medication and mobility equipment
- Lost wages and income, in addition to lost future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Property and vehicle damage
- Decreased quality of life
Contact a New York City Bus Accident Lawyer
Whether you were a passenger on the bus, a pedestrian, or the driver of another vehicle, you deserve to receive a settlement that will allow you to reach the fullest recovery possible. Don’t just accept the first settlement offer that the insurance sends you; otherwise, you risk becoming a victim all over again.
Instead, find out if you have grounds for further compensation and find out how much you should really be getting paid by consulting with an NYC bus accident lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP. It all starts with a free, no-pressure case evaluation, so schedule yours by calling 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or by submitting your information in the form at the bottom of this page.