$200,000,000 in Recoveries Since 1995
Nearly 20,000Satisfied Clients
- Brittany L. via
Cases Settled Quickly
Calls ReturnedEvery Time
Choose the right attorney!
What Is the NY Serious Injury Threshold?
Whether your injury is serious or not is going to affect how much compensation you stand to receive through your personal injury claim.
New York has set a threshold to define which injuries are “serious.” But the attorneys at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP know that almost any injury can be serious to the victim.
New York Serious Injury Threshold
In New York, injuries are called serious if they fall into certain categories.
An injury is serious if it results in:
- Disfigurement – This could include burns and facial damage.
- Bone Fractures – Breaking a bone is common in accidents. Those that require surgery or a cast may be deemed serious.
- Loss of a Body Part – Any lost limb or organ is serious.
- Wrongful Death – If your loved one died in an accident, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim.
- Loss of a Fetus – Losing a fetus could also result in a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Permanent Limitations – Being unable to walk is a good example of a permanent limitation. This is a serious injury.
- Inability to Complete Daily Activities – If your injury keeps you from doing daily tasks for more than ninety days after your accident, it is thought to be serious in New York.
If your injury is not listed above but you believe it’s serious, speak with a lawyer. Even if your injury is minor, you can still seek compensation.
You May Need a Lawyer
An injury lawyer can help you make a strong case for why your injury is serious and why you deserve compensation.
For instance, brain injuries aren’t listed as serious under New York law. But they can lead to memory loss and trauma. A lawyer could show how serious your injury is by showing that it has made daily activities impossible.
Get the Help You Need
The lawyers at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP are here to answer all the questions you have about your claim. And we’re ready to fight for the money you deserve.
To schedule a free consultation with a New York serious injury lawyer, call us at 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462). You may also fill out the contact form below.