NYC Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
In any of the many forms they can take, catastrophic injuries can profoundly impact victims’ lives. But an NYC catastrophic injury attorney can help you keep your injuries from negatively impacting your finances.
Catastrophic injuries can absolutely wreak havoc on your life. Beyond the pain and suffering you experienced, your entire family might suffer as a result of your disability and inability to work.
If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury, don’t hesitate to reach out to an NYC catastrophic injury lawyer at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP today.
The Causes of Catastrophic Injuries in NYC
Understanding the cause of the accident that led to your catastrophic injuries in NYC is going to be a critical part of determining who you should hold financially accountable for your damages.
The following are some common causes of catastrophic injuries:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Car accidents, truck crashes, motorcycle wrecks, and collisions involving any other vehicle type can and often do lead to serious bodily harm.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents – Slipping and falling may at first seem relatively harmless, but the statistics suggest otherwise. Plenty of people in NYC suffer catastrophic injuries in slip-and-fall accidents.
- Medical Malpractice – It’s not hard to imagine how medical malpractice could cause catastrophic injuries. Examples include a careless surgeon removing the wrong limb or a doctor prescribing a medication you’re severely allergic to.
- Workplace Injuries – Particularly in the construction industry, workplace injuries can forever alter victims’ lives. Electrocutions, falls, explosions, toxic exposure, and more can lead to catastrophic injuries.
Of course, almost any kind of accident can cause serious or life-threatening injuries. The key to being able to pursue compensation in NYC is proving that the accident was someone else’s fault.
Common Consequences of Catastrophic Injury
Victims of catastrophic injuries may suffer from a host of severe conditions and symptoms, including the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spine damage
- Disfiguring burns
- Face or eye damage
- Broken or fractured bones
- Injury to the extremities
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Neurological disorders
Compensation for Catastrophic Injuries
Victims of catastrophic injuries will also want to document the various losses they have sustained, which may include medical expenses (including the cost of a caretaker), lost wages or earning potential, pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and reduced quality of life.
When accounting for injuries and losses, make sure to not only include how they have impacted you or your loved one in the past and present, but how you expect them to affect you in the future. This is extremely important because you will likely only have one shot to obtain compensation for your catastrophic injury.
Reach Out to an NYC Catastrophic Injury Attorney
Whether you’ve suffered a long-term or permanent disability from a vehicle accident, a high fall, or anything in between, it’s imperative that you pursue the compensation you’re entitled to.
To help deal with the financial outcomes of your life-threatening injuries, contact an NYC catastrophic injury lawyer at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP today. Fill out the form below or give us a call at 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) to schedule a free consultation.