$200,000,000 in Recoveries Since 1995
Nearly 20,000Satisfied Clients
- Brittany L. via
Cases Settled Quickly
Calls ReturnedEvery Time
Choose the right attorney!
NYC Defective Drug Lawyer
The negative health effects of a defective drug can be every bit as serious as any other catastrophic injury. To find out if you’re eligible for compensation for your drug-related illness or injury, consult with an NYC defective drug lawyer.
No one expects to get hurt or ill from taking medication. Obviously, the point of taking a drug is to improve your health, but sometimes defective drugs make it to market and serious injuries and illnesses occur to consumers.
If a defective drug has caused you harm, you deserve compensation for what you’ve been through—everything from your medical expenses to the emotional trauma that you experienced. Knowing how to get this compensation and determining what amount is fair can be a challenging process. This is why working with an NYC defective drug lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP can be your best option for achieving the best result possible for your claim.
What Qualifies as a Defective Drug?
Virtually all medications have side effects. A defective drug, however, is one that causes an effect that is not disclosed to the patient. For example, if you took a medication that caused your blood pressure to increase and this potential side effect was listed, this would not qualify as a defective drug case.
However, if the high blood pressure side effect was not disclosed, this would qualify as a defective drug, giving you the option to file a personal injury claim seeking damages.
Determining Fault for Bad Medication
Your NYC defective drug lawyer will need to conduct a thorough investigation to determine where in the production chain the product defect occurred. This could include a number of possibilities:
- Drug Designer – Some defects occur because of the drug’s design and usually manifest as negative side effects that either went undiscovered during testing or were actively covered up in order to get the drug on the marketplace faster.
- Drug Manufacturer – Errors during the manufacturing process can cause a drug’s chemical makeup to be other than what is specified. This could cause the medication to underperform or even result in an overdose.
- Bad Drug Interactions – Some negative effects of drugs aren’t actually side effects, but are instead the result of a negligent doctor or pharmacist, which could make a medical malpractice suit a possibility.
Compensation for a Defective Drug
Any expense incurred by your drug injury or illness should be included in your final settlement amount. This includes both financial losses and non-economic damages. Your NYC defective drug lawyer will help you uncover every single negative impact that the faulty medication has had on your quality of life and finances.
Listed below are just a few of the items that you should receive financial compensation for if they apply to your case:
- Lost wages and income due to being unable to work
- Current and future medical expenses
- Medication and medical devices
- Pain and suffering
- Decreased quality of life
- Lost sexual function and damage done to your personal relationships
Contact a New York City Defective Drug Lawyer
When the medicine that was supposed to make you better actually makes your health worse, you deserve full compensation for what you go through. To find out if you have a case and what it might be worth, schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with an NYC defective drug lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP. Simply give us a call at 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462), or reach us online through the contact form below.