$200,000,000 in Recoveries Since 1995
Nearly 20,000Satisfied Clients
- Brittany L. via
Cases Settled Quickly
Calls ReturnedEvery Time
Choose the right attorney!
What to Do After Suffering a Brain Injury in an Accident
If you’re in an accident involving an impact to or a jerking of your head or neck, you might have suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI). This covers a wide spectrum of injuries and the conditions they cause.
If the accident wasn’t all your fault, you can hold the responsible person accountable and recover the compensation your family needs. A New York brain injury lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP can build you a solid case.
The first thing you need to do after suffering a brain injury in an accident is go to the emergency room, but we’ll skip to after the initial hospital visit.
After the Hospital
After the hospital, your brain injury lawyer will help you gather all the information relevant to your claim for compensation. Some key pieces of information include the following:
- Type of accident (car, workplace, premises liability, product liability, or other types)
- The type of brain injury you suffered and how it will affect your daily life
- The severity of your brain damage
- Medical bills
- Receipts for out-of-pocket expenses
- Lists of medications and procedures
- Statements from doctors and specialists
- Your description of the accident
- A journal of your experiences since the accident
- Communications you’ve had with insurance companies and other involved entities
Finding a Lawyer
If you decide to enlist the services of a lawyer, you’ll likely want the best available. Your lawyer should have experience fighting cases involving your types of accident and brain injury.
Once you’ve gathered your information and have a list of lawyers to consult with, begin interviewing them and noting their feedback about your case.