Don’t be a victim twiceChoose the right attorney!
$200,000,000 in Recoveries Since 1995
Nearly 20,000Satisfied Clients
- Brittany L. via
Cases Settled Quickly
Calls ReturnedEvery Time
Choose the right attorney!
Grounds for a Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
Filing a sexual harassment claim requires more steps than most other lawsuits. You want to make sure you follow your company’s policies regarding the proper procedures for reporting harassment, and gathering evidence can be difficult.
Fortunately, with the help of a sexual harassment lawyer, you can make sure you don’t make any missteps that could keep you from the compensation you deserve. Our team at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP can provide you with the guidance and resources to win your case.
Defining Sexual Harassment
Sexual harassment is illegal when it:
- Involves unwelcome verbal, written, or physical sexual conduct, such as sexual comments, jokes, or innuendo; persistent pressure for dates; or sexual touching, gestures, or imagery
- Involves a proposed exchange of sexual favors to gain or keep employment
- Interferes with your job performance
- Creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment
Although sexual harassment can take place anywhere, it is particularly common in the workplace. The following are two of the most common forms of on-the-job sex harassment:
- Quid Pro Quo – This is when an employment benefit, such as new employment, keeping a job, a promotion, a bonus, or a wage increase, is provided or denied in an attempt to pressure the victim for sexual favors.
- Hostile Work Environment – This occurs when a co-worker, supervisor, or even a person outside the company, such as a client, uses inappropriate behavior, which can include demeaning and sexual images, jokes, threats, or comments, so regularly that the victim is reasonably intimidated or offended.
Company Policies and Court Considerations
Your sexual harassment lawyer will be able to help you understand all the fine print and special clauses in your employment contract so you don’t make any missteps when dealing with this situation.
For example, if you don’t report the harassment to the proper department, such as human resources, or if you’re a party to crude jokes and comments, you may forfeit grounds for your sexual harassment case.
Speak with an NYC Sexual Harassment Lawyer
Victims often need support when dealing with sexual harassment claims—especially those against large corporations. An NYC sexual harassment lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP will provide you with everything you need to get the justice you deserve. Schedule a free, confidential legal evaluation by calling us at 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or filling out the form below.