Don’t be a victim twiceChoose the right attorney!
$200,000,000 in Recoveries Since 1995
Nearly 20,000Satisfied Clients
- Brittany L. via
Cases Settled Quickly
Calls ReturnedEvery Time
Choose the right attorney!
NYC Subway Accident Lawyer
While thankfully uncommon, subway accidents can lead to serious injuries that result in expensive medical bills and permanent disabilities. To find out if you can get compensated, speak with an NYC subway accident lawyer.
Accidents that occur on a subway train or in a terminal can be very serious. This is because of the extreme mass of a subway train and the devastating crashes that mass can contribute to.
If you have been injured in a subway accident, you deserve to be compensated for your injuries and losses. An NYC subway accident lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP, can help you determine if you have a case and how much you might be able to recover in financial damages.
Types of Subway Accidents and Who Bears Fault
Subway accidents can involve more than just crashes, although those are easily the most catastrophic and deadly. Just as there are many different ways to be injured on or near a subway, there are a number of different persons and entities that could be at fault for causing an accident.
This all contributes to the vagueness of who or what is to blame, which often requires an extensive investigation into the causes of the accident. Cause will determine fault, which will determine who needs to be named in your personal injury lawsuit. Your NYC subway accident lawyer will handle this challenge on your behalf, so that you can maximize your potential compensation.
- Accidents that occur in the subway station or on a subway platform could be the fault of the subway, maintenance, or custodial companies.
- Injuries sustained in actual subway wrecks could include all of these in addition to the conductor and parts manufacturers, as well.
- A third party not affiliated in any way could also be to blame, such as a passenger who either causes a disturbance or pulls the emergency stop unnecessarily.
Subway Injuries and Financial Compensation
Your injuries can be severe, and the medical costs could be enormous, so seeking fair and complete compensation is a necessary part of the healing process. Injuries from subway crashes can result in life-altering changes:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) may cause mental and motor disabilities that will require expensive retraining, care, and equipment.
- Neck and back injuries can affect the spinal cord, even to the extent of causing full or partial paralysis, which will require renovations to your home, cars, and workspaces.
- Broken limbs may need to be amputated or be rendered unusable, changing how you can complete tasks at work and affecting your current and future income potential.
- Burn injuries of any kind can cause permanent scarring and disfigurement, requiring many rounds of painful reconstructive and plastic surgeries.
- Emotional trauma is common to all types of accidents, which can make day-to-day life seem impossible and need expensive therapy to overcome.
Contact a New York City Subway Accident Lawyer
If you have sustained injuries in a subway accident, you need to move quickly to recover fair compensation. Speaking with an NYC subway accident lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP will help you clarify what to expect from the process and determine what a fair settlement amount will be. Call us as soon as possible at 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or fill out the form below to schedule a free, no-obligation legal consultation.