NYC Taxi Accident Lawyer
Getting fully compensated for any injuries suffered in a cab crash can be a difficult process, and it’s hard to know if you’re getting treated fairly by the insurance. Make sure you get the largest settlement possible by working with an NYC taxi accident lawyer.
Taxi accidents are just as likely to result in serious injuries as any other car crash, but unlike other traffic accidents, these wrecks can be much more difficult to get compensated for. Not only does the fault of the driver need to be considered, but there’s also the liability of the taxi company and their insurance company, which adds an entirely new layer to sort through.
If you’ve been hurt in a taxicab crash, don’t let the insurance company and the legal system make you a victim a second time. Instead, contact an NYC taxi accident lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP and find out who caused your crash and how much compensation they owe you.
Determining Fault for a Taxicab Wreck
In order to get the most compensation possible for your personal injury lawsuit, we’ll need to identify everyone who was at least partially responsible for what happened. There could easily be more than one, and naming them all will be important as it will give you more potential sources of compensation:
- Taxi Driver – Cab drivers make mistakes just like any other motorist, and when negligence was the cause, they deserve to be held accountable.
- Taxi Company – The taxi company is responsible for hiring cabbies with safe driving histories and for ensuring that every cab in the fleet is in roadworthy condition.
- Taxi Manufacturer – It may even be that a vehicle or parts manufacturer was at fault if a product defect led to the crash.
- Other Drivers – If your taxi was hit by a reckless, drunk, or distracted driver, he or she can be held responsible with help from an NYC taxi accident lawyer.
- Government Agency – In some accidents, dangerous road conditions are a factor, which makes the government entity responsible for their upkeep at fault.
Getting a Fair and Full Settlement for a Cab Crash
Whether a driver, taxi company, or manufacturer was responsible for what happened, your final settlement is most likely going to come from an insurance company. The insurer’s goal is to resolve your claim quickly and for as little as possible.
It’s best to let your NYC taxi accident lawyer handle the communications and negotiations on your behalf. The adjuster might seem friendly, but his or her primary interest is padding the insurance company’s profit margins—not helping you.
Most personal injury claims settle out of court, but if a fair offer isn’t forthcoming, going to court will become your best option for a full settlement that accounts for all of your damages, such as current and future medical bills, lost wages and income, and pain and suffering. We’ll evaluate every offer you receive and advise you of what your best course of action is.
Contact a New York City Taxi Accident Lawyer
At Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP, we’ll make certain that a taxi company or insurer doesn’t make you a victim a second time. To speak with an NYC taxi accident lawyer during a free, no-obligation consultation, simply call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or complete the form at the bottom of this page.