$200,000,000 in Recoveries Since 1995
Nearly 20,000Satisfied Clients
- Brittany L. via
Cases Settled Quickly
Calls ReturnedEvery Time
Choose the right attorney!
Queens Accident Lawyer
Learn how to win compensation after you’ve been injured by teaming up with a Queens accident attorney.
Few things in life happen by chance, so when you’re injured in an accident, chances are somebody’s negligent or careless actions caused it to happen. And when you decide to seek compensation for your injuries, you don’t want to leave the outcome of your personal injury claim up to chance.
That’s why many victims choose to hire a Queens accident lawyer. The right attorney will strengthen your claim and make sure your rights are protected while you place your efforts on what’s most important: your recovery.
To work with an attorney who has what it takes to win your personal injury case, get in touch with a Queens accident lawyer at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP today.
Generally, personal injury suits fall into one of a few categories, which include the following:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – It goes without saying that some car, truck, and motorcycle accidents are deadly, a fact that is magnified by the recent increase in fatal collisions. Your eligibility for damages hinges almost entirely on whether other parties are found at least partly to blame for the accident.
- Workplace Accidents – Although work injuries can occur in almost any industry, construction tends to bear the brunt of these unfortunate events. Some workplace injuries are only eligible for workers compensation, which usually only covers a portion of lost wages and medical bills. But under the right circumstances, a Queens accident injury lawyer can help you pursue personal injury compensation that covers the full extent of your damages.
- Premises Liability Incidents – Virtually anytime you are permitted on someone else’s property and are injured or otherwise harmed due to the owner’s negligence, you may have a viable personal injury claim on your hands. The types of harm considered admissible by courts span a wide range, from being bitten by a dog to being exposed to a harmful substance like asbestos.
- Product Liability Cases – Should you be the unfortunate recipient of a defective product, you may want to consider pursuing a personal injury claim. Whether you are injured by a harmful foreign object in a cereal box or your car’s brakes cease to work while on the road, you can hold the maker of the product financially responsible for your resulting damages.
- Medical Malpractice – There will always be a few bad apples in any profession, and that includes healthcare. If a doctor or other medical professional has jeopardized your wellbeing through negligent actions, you may want to consider contacting a Queens injury attorney.
Intro to New York State Law
As you pursue compensation, you will want to be aware of a few important concepts in New York personal injury law, although an accident lawyer in Queens can always help you with these kinds of details.
One concept to be familiar with is the standard of pure comparative negligence, which allows multiple parties to share the blame for an accident that causes injuries. If you are found to hold some of the blame for the incident that injured you, your compensation amount will take a proportionate dive.
However, you can still recover compensation as long as someone else also holds some of the responsibility for what happened. In theory, you could be 99 percent responsible for the harm you sustained and receive 1 percent of the awarded damages from another party found partially liable.
Also important to understand is New York’s statute of limitations, which gives personal injury victims three years from the date of their accident to file a claim for compensation
Other pieces of law will most certainly apply to your case. A Queens personal injury lawyer can help you identify and successfully navigate these challenges.
Examples of Damages
An important part of building a personal injury claim that will account for all of the hardships you have endured is making sure you have requested compensation for every damage related to your injuries.
Some damages will be obvious. For example, when you get your hospital bill in the mail, the amount you owe will provide an easy starting point for listing medical expenses as a damage in your claim for compensation.
But what happens when you’ve received compensation for your initial healthcare expenses but must later attend physical therapy or take a particularly expensive medication for months or years?
These types of future damages should also be accounted for in your claim, and an experienced Queens accident injury attorney will know how to identify and calculate similar damages.
Examples of damages you might list in your claim include medical expenses, lost income during your recovery, inability to work, emotional distress, pain and suffering, lifestyle-related adjustments, loss of consortium, and diminished quality of life.
Contact a Queens Accident Attorney
If you’re seeking a personable and experienced legal team, contact the attorneys at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP today. Among the benefits of working with us will be your ability to relax and focus on recovering while we handle all the complicated legal details of your claim.
We’re ready to fight for everything you’re owed for your injuries and related damages. Give us a call at 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or head to the bottom of the page to fill out the online contact form.