The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was a landmark civil rights law. Persons with disabilities must be able to access places and services open to the public, and this applies to their websites and mobile applications as well.
Unfortunately, persons with disabilities face more and more barriers due to inaccessible websites and mobile applications. The website accessibility attorneys at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP are committed to ensuring that websites and mobile applications are compliant with the ADA.
Grounds for Civil Action
Persons with disabilities can bring civil actions against companies whose websites or mobile applications fail to meet the following ADA standards:
- Application of assistive technologies
- Uses a format with clear headers
- Uses text to label links and buttons
- Provides keyboard-friendly functionality
- Provides accessibility options
- Accessible to individuals with hearing loss and with physical and mental limitations.
- Uses clear and simple language
- Removes content that could disturb motion-sensitive users
- Removes complex graphics
- Uses closed captions and transcripts for online education
- Uses alt-text on Graphics
- Uses screen-reading software
If you find yourself unable to use a site for these reasons, reach out to an attorney. A lack of access can mean a lack of job opportunities, needed information, or important services. Those are limitations you shouldn’t have to face, and we’re ready to fight for your right to these internet spaces.
Seek Website Accessibility with a Lawyer’s Help
The website accessibility attorneys at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP are committed to helping persons with disabilities. Our website accessibility attorneys at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP are experienced in bringing lawsuits against non-compliant businesses.
If you have been harmed or frustrated by the lack of ability to access a company’s services and goods using their website or mobile application, contact the website accessibility lawyers at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP. Call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) to schedule a confidential consultation.
The call is free. The consultation is free. You don’t pay us unless we are successful. That’s “Our Fee Guarantee—No Fee Unless Successful!”