What Does It Mean to Not Be a Victim Twice?
We know that accidents are sometimes unavoidable. But taking the wrong steps after an accident is avoidable. You do not want to be a victim twice!
But what does it mean to be a victim twice? Here’s how we define our slogan and how we’re ready to help you.
Mistakes That Can Make You a Victim Twice
Taking the proper steps following an accident will help you avoid being a victim twice. Here are some common mistakes following a motor vehicle accident:
- Fail to call the police
- Arguing, accusing, or admitting guilt
- Fail to secure license plate numbers of all vehicles involved
- Fail to secure names and addresses of all drivers, vehicle owners, and witnesses
- Fail to take photos at the scene of the accident
- Speak to the other party’s insurance company
- Underestimate your injuries
- Wait too long or fail to seek medical treatment
- Discuss the accident with the other party or an insurance adjuster
- Provide a recorded or written statement to an insurance company
- Sign something from an insurance company
- Agree to a quick settlement
- Post about the accident on social media
- Be tricked into going to a corrupt medical office
- Be tricked into hiring a corrupt lawyer
- Waiting too long to file the case
If you’re facing a personal injury claim, these mistakes can be costly. Unfortunately, there are many mistakes to make, some of which you may not recognize until it’s too late. That’s why you need to take action with a lawyer’s help.
Insurance Companies May Not Be on Your Side
After a serious injury, especially a car accident, you may be planning to contact your insurance company and let them handle the details of your car accident settlement. But insurance companies are still for-profit businesses, meaning you may not be their priority.
Insurance companies may make you a victim twice by failing to support you as you need. Car accidents are expensive, and sadly, many insurers leave clients not just hurt and suffering, but also facing hefty expenses. Your lawyer is key to avoiding these unfair costs.
Seeking the Right Attorney
Navigating your insurance policy is already tough. But choosing the right personal injury lawyer can be tougher. If you’re seriously injured, you may feel unsure about your decisions, and you may be desperate for help from an expert.
Unfortunately, not every lawyer is equal. Some lawyers may seek out a settlement that doesn’t benefit you, or they may not take your claim seriously. Our team of lawyers offers the attention and respect you deserve as an injury victim.
Don’t Wait—Seek Out a Personal Injury Law Firm
Choosing the wrong attorney is also avoidable. At Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP, we feel you shouldn’t be a victim twice by choosing the wrong attorney or other missteps. That’s why we’ve made it our motto.
If you or a loved one was the victim of a motor vehicle accident, our experienced personal injury attorneys are ready to help with your case. If you are a victim of a motor vehicle accident, take advantage of a free consultation. Call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or fill out the following online contact form to accept a consultation. The call is free, and you don’t pay until we win.