Yonkers Car Accident Lawyer
When an auto wreck leaves you dealing with catastrophic injuries, you need to know if your case qualifies for financial compensation. Find out by working with a Yonkers car accident lawyer.
Nobody is ever really fully prepared for the physical, emotional, and financial trauma an unforeseen car accident can cause. The effects can be devastating for you and your family. The pain, emotional stress, and inability to work combined with mounting medical debt can leave you overwhelmed and frustrated. If your accident was the result of someone else’s negligence, you can file a personal injury claim to recover the losses you incurred.
Recovering damages can be a complicated process, however. Obtaining the payout you truly deserve requires understanding complex tort laws. A Yonkers car accident lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer can get you the monetary compensation your injuries demand.
Car Accidents in New York
Thousands of people are seriously injured or killed in car accidents every year in the United States. In 2015, there were 2.44 million people injured and 36,000 killed in car crashes. These collisions accounted for almost 110,000 injuries in New York State.
Car wrecks occur for several different reasons, and they can usually be attributed to the careless actions of a driver who was involved. Common causes of car accidents may include any of the following:
- Distracted Driving – Texting, cell phone use, eating, and applying makeup while driving
- Excessive Speed – Losing control of the car while driving too fast
- Driver Fatigue – Common with truckers and night-shift workers
- Driver Error – Following too closely or driving through a red light
- Reckless Driving – Weaving in and out of lanes
- Intoxication – Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
To effectively determine the cause of the accident and who was at fault, your Yonkers car accident lawyer will fully investigate what happened. This could require going through police records, witness testimony, and consulting with car accident specialists whose opinions may be necessary to prove your case.
Proving Negligence for an Auto Wreck
Proving negligence is tricky because there are elements required by law that must be verified and proven in order to recover damages. We will work hard to compile all the necessary information to prove your case by confirming the following four elements:
- Duty – The law requires that the negligent person owed you a duty of reasonable care. Drivers owe care to passengers, occupants in other vehicles, pedestrians, and cyclists.
- Breach – The negligent person acted or failed to act in a particular way and breached that duty of care, causing your injury. For example, failing to stop at a stop sign or failing to yield to a bicyclist is a breach of duty.
- Causation – The negligent person caused you harm.
- Damages – As a result of the negligent person’s action, you were harmed or injured.
When someone causes your injuries through his or her careless actions, that individual or entity can be legally held accountable through a personal injury claim seeking financial compensation.
Dealing with an Auto Insurance Company After a Wreck
Whether you have suffered a broken bone that will heal in time or have sustained a spine injury that requires lifelong medical care, you deserve to be compensated for all your losses.
Dealing with insurance companies can be a nightmare for many people. Back-and-forth haggling can be exhausting and frustrating. It is typical for insurance companies to try and take advantage of the fact that you may not fully understand the losses you are entitled to.
Recovering Compensation for a Traffic Collision
It’s essential that you be aware of all the damages you can recover—both financial and non-economic. Damages include much more than just medical bills and lost income. A Yonkers car accident lawyer from our firm will aggressively and skillfully negotiate with the insurance companies to get you the best possible settlement.
A fair and full settlement should cover all of the following when they are present in your case:
- Current and future medical expenses, including medications and medical equipment
- Lost wages and future income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death
- Property damage
Serious injuries can cause a financial catastrophe for you and your family. Holding the negligent person accountable is crucial for your financial future.
Contact a Yonkers Auto Wreck Attorney
At Greenstein & Milbauer, we understand that a car accident can be a traumatizing experience. While you focus on your recovery, we will aggressively fight to get you compensated for your lost wages, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and out-of-pocket costs.
Having successfully represented thousands of car accident victims just like you, we have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and are committed to helping you achieve the best possible outcome for your case so that you can move ahead with your life. For a free, no-obligation case evaluation with a Yonkers car accident lawyer, call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or simply fill out our online form below.