$200,000,000 in Recoveries Since 1995
Nearly 20,000Satisfied Clients
- Brittany L. via
Cases Settled Quickly
Calls ReturnedEvery Time
Choose the right attorney!
Brooklyn Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The injuries suffered in motorcycle wrecks are frequently serious—if not fatal. Make sure you get the compensation your losses demand by working with a Brooklyn motorcycle accident lawyer.
Riding a motorcycle is an enjoyable pastime in which millions of people partake, but other drivers on the road sometimes fail to notice motorcyclists when changing lanes or stopping. The injuries suffered by motorcycle drivers in crashes are often much more serious than those of other motorists, largely due to the open nature of bikes and their lack of safety features.
If you have been injured in one of these crashes and someone else was to blame, you deserve monetary compensation for your losses and damages. By speaking with a Brooklyn motorcycle accident lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP, we can help you gain the most compensation possible for your personal injury claim.
Causes of Motorbike Accidents
Whether careless, distracted, or drunk, negligent drivers of any kind are dangerous to everyone on the road—especially to bikers. These people are not the only causes of motorcycle accidents, however:
- Dangerous road conditions such as potholes, uneven lanes, steep shoulder drop-offs, speed bumps, debris, and improper or obscured signage could implicate a construction company or government agency responsible for road maintenance.
- Drunk drivers can cause far more damage to a motorcycle when they weave or swerve between lanes because of the vulnerability of the motorcyclist.
- Drowsy driving is often as dangerous as drunk driving.
- Car drivers sometimes have a hard time seeing a motorcycle in their mirror or next to them because they are expecting a large car, and this can lead to lane-change accidents.
- Car drivers often have a difficult time judging a motorcycle’s distance and speed because of their smaller frame, which can cause them to hit one from behind when they stop or slow down.
- Distracted drivers are an increasing problem, often causing accidents while playing on their cell phones.
- Speeding can increase the risk factor for injuries in any accident, and because of the trouble in judging distance, they are more likely to clip a motorcycle.
- Aggressive driving such as tailgating, rapid overtaking, and ignoring the right-of-way is more dangerous to motorcycles.
Your Brooklyn motorcycle accident lawyer will figure out the cause, which will help us determine how many parties are at fault and who needs to be named in your claim.
Common Motorcycle Crash Injuries
The driver of a motorcycle is far more exposed to severe injury because of the bike’s lack of an enclosing frame. You may have sustained many types of injuries in your motorcycle wreck, including any of the following:
- Neck and back injuries are very common and may cause paraplegia and quadriplegia.
- Traumatic brain injuries can create motor and mental function degradation.
- Badly broken bones may need extensive surgeries or even amputation, possibly requiring advanced prosthetics.
- Severe burns, especially covering large areas, could require skin grafts and plastic surgery.
- Damage to nerve endings can create a lifetime of pain that can only be managed with narcotics and expensive surgeries.
Your Brooklyn motorcycle accident lawyer will work closely with your doctors and physical therapists to determine how extensive your injuries are in terms of both severity and duration.
Dealing with Insurance and Pure Comparative Negligence in Motorcycle Wrecks
To get the financial compensation you need to recover, you might have to deal with multiple insurance companies, all of which are far more interested in their bottom line than in their obligations to you. They will do everything they can to blame you for the motorcycle crash because that will diminish your compensation and save them money.
This is because New York follows a pure comparative negligence rule which means that the percentage of fault you bear is deducted from your awarded compensation. For example, if you are awarded $200,000 in compensation, but share 10 percent of the fault, you would then only receive $180,000.
Gathering fresh evidence and witness testimony in your favor early on will help limit the amount of fault you could be accused of. Along this same line, it is important not to give a statement to the insurance company or any other representatives until after you discuss them with your Brooklyn motorcycle accident lawyer.
What Can I Claim in a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
There will be many expenses and losses incurred by your accident and recovery, and you could possibly have long-term conditions that will be with you for many years to come. You can seek compensation for any of the following items that apply to your unique situation:
- Immediate and long-term medical expenses
- Immediate and future income loss
- Disability accommodations made to your cars, home, and workspaces
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages
Consult with a Brooklyn Motorcycle Crash Attorney
If you have been injured while riding a motorcycle, you deserve monetary compensation to handle the expensive costs that follow. Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP is a personal injury law firm with extensive experience handling cases that involve motorcycle wrecks. We’ve helped injury victims from all over New York get the largest settlement possible, and we can do the same for you.
Call us at 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) to schedule a free, no-obligation legal consultation with a Brooklyn motorcycle accident lawyer. Alternatively, fill out the online contact form below to set up a time for us to call you back.