Don’t be a victim twiceChoose the right attorney!
$200,000,000 in Recoveries Since 1995
Nearly 20,000Satisfied Clients
- Brittany L. via
Cases Settled Quickly
Calls ReturnedEvery Time
Choose the right attorney!
Bronx Personal Injury Lawyer
For help recovering the compensation you’re entitled to, turn to an experienced Bronx injury lawyer.
Being involved in any type of accident can lead to chaos and disruption in your everyday life. When you’re dealing with medical bills, missed work, and the insurance company, it’s normal to feel overwhelmed by your serious injury.
And while seeking compensation through a personal injury claim is highly recommended, after an accident, your focus should be on recovering. That’s why our team at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP is here for you.
We have helped countless victims like you recover the compensation they deserve, and a Bronx personal injury lawyer would be happy to take some of the stress off of you and help you find a successful outcome.
Bronx Personal Injury Case Types
Unfortunately, it’s all too common for those who have a right to collect compensation to forgo taking legal action. Accidents happen every day, of course, and it can be difficult to determine how personal injury cases differ from the average situation. Many people are unsure about what constitutes a serious injury and when another party can be held liable for their damages.
The truth is that you likely have a claim on your hands whenever another person’s negligence directly contributed to your serious injury. In fact, a few common types of personal injury cases help determine whether your injuries fall under the category of those that are most often eligible for legal action.
Some common circumstances in which filing a Bronx personal injury case is a viable course of action include the following:
- Motor Vehicle – Car accidents are some of the most common causes of personal injury cases. They can be brought about by anything from driver error, such as texting and driving or speeding, to a manufacturer defect in your vehicle. Crashes involving 18-wheelers and motorcycles are also included in this category.
- Product Liability – You also have the right to file a claim and seek compensation if you purchased a product and suffered injuries as a result of a defect in that product. In these cases, you could file against the company that created the product or the store that sold it.
- Premises Liability – Property owners are required to uphold a standard of safety for all who legally enter their grounds. Both commercial and residential property owners can be held accountable in premises liability cases. Cases like these often include slip-and-fall accidents and dog bites.
- On-the-Job Accidents – Many industries are inherently dangerous, especially construction work. However, employees still have the right to expect safety while they are on the job. If you were are hurt while performing your job duties, you may be able to file a Bronx personal injury claim to recover your damages.
- Medical Malpractice – Every time you place yourself in the care of a health professional, the medical professional takes on the responsibility of maintaining your safety. When a doctor or other healthcare worker is careless, and you are hurt as a result, his or her negligence could prove liability and an obligation to compensate you. These types of cases are often brought about because of an inability to diagnose an issue, failing to administer medications properly, or making mistakes during surgery.
Common Types of Serious Injuries
One of the most important steps you must take after your Bronx accident is seeking medical care as soon as possible. This is crucial because the doctor’s findings will play a pivotal role in determining the value of your claim and proving how the other party’s liability directly impacted your life.
Often, serious injury cases involve one or more of the following types of injuries:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Loss of a limb
- Head or brain injuries like concussions or memory loss
- Development of an emotional disorder, such as post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, or depression
- Development of a chronic disease
- Neck or spinal injuries, such as whiplash or becoming paralyzed
- Sensory damage, such as losing your ability to hear or see
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
New York Laws to Be Aware Of
Every state has a statute of limitations regarding how long after your accident you have the right to file a claim against the liable party. Failing to take the necessary actions within this specified time frame could lead to your case being thrown out on technicalities alone.
In New York, you have three years from the date of your accident to file a claim and begin the proceedings. Three years pass quickly when you’re building a strong injury claim. That’s why you shouldn’t wait to get in touch with a Bronx accident injury lawyer.
Of course, should you develop new or worsening symptoms during the three-year statute of limitations period, you should seek medical care as soon as possible. The more evidence you have outlining your condition, the easier it will be to file a successful claim within the statute of limitations.
Damages Your Bronx Injury Attorney Can Help You Recover
As the victim of a serious injury, you’re likely eager to find out what your claim is worth. No two cases are the same, so it’s difficult to provide an exact dollar amount at the outset. However, there are some common types of benefits your attorney can help you recover, and these contribute to your total compensation amount.
Some types of compensation you can demand in your Bronx injury claim include the following:
- Property damage
- Loss of earning capacity
- Lost wages
- Full medical care coverage
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death benefits
- Loss of consortium
Bronx Personal Injury FAQ
When we begin working with new clients, they often have a lot of questions. We’ve answered some of those questions below, but we know you probably have more questions that are unique to your situation. For answers to all your questions, give us a call.
What happens if I’m partially at fault for my injuries?
You can still recover compensation if you share some of the blame for your accident. Because of a rule called comparative negligence, you can hold a percentage of the blame but still recover compensation that’s equal to the percentage of fault the other party holds.
Can I sue on my child’s behalf?
Yes. Minors cannot sue in New York, but you can pursue compensation on your child’s behalf.
Will I have to go to court if I file a Bronx personal injury claim?
If you file a personal injury claim in the Bronx, you won’t be forced to go to court. In fact, many personal injury cases settle outside of court. However, going to court might be the only way to recover fair compensation if the negligent party or insurance company won’t negotiate fairly.
Talk to a Bronx Personal Injury Attorney
If you recently sustained a serious injury in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you don’t have to suffer alone. You have the right to seek compensation, and our team at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP would be happy to help you.
Get in touch with a Bronx personal injury lawyer to discuss your accident. To set up a free initial consultation, give our office a call at 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462). To reach out online, fill out the contact form at the bottom of the page.