Bronx Personal Injury Lawyer
For help recovering the personal injury compensation you deserve, turn to a Bronx injury lawyer.
Being involved in any type of accident can lead to chaos in your everyday life. When you’re dealing with medical bills, missed work, and the insurance company, it’s normal to feel overwhelmed by your personal injury.
And while seeking compensation through a personal injury claim is highly advised, after an accident, your focus should be on recovering. That’s why our team at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP is here for you.
We have helped countless victims like you seek the compensation they deserve. A Bronx personal injury lawyer would be happy to take some of the stress off of you and help you win.
Bronx Personal Injury Case Types
It’s all too common for those who have a right to compensation to forgo legal action with help from a lawyer. Accidents happen every day, of course. And it can be hard to determine how personal injury cases differ from the average situation. Many people are unsure about what a “serious” injury is and when someone can be held liable.
You likely have a personal injury claim on your hands when another person’s negligence contributed to your injury. Some common types of Bronx personal injury cases:
- Motor Vehicle – Car accidents are some of the most common causes of personal injury cases. Anything from driver error to a manufacturer defect in your vehicle can cause a crash. Crashes involving 18-wheelers and motorcycles can also qualify.
- Product Liability – You also have the right to file a claim and seek compensation if you purchased a product and suffered injuries as a result of a defect in that product. In these cases, you could file against the company that created the product or the store that sold it.
- Premises Liability – Property owners are required to uphold a standard of safety for all who legally enter their grounds. Property owners can be held accountable in these cases. Cases like these often include slip-and-fall accidents and dog bites.
- On-the-Job Accidents – Many industries are dangerous, especially construction work. But employees still have the right to expect safety while they are on the job. If you were are hurt at work, you may be able to file a Bronx personal injury claim.
- Medical Malpractice – Every time you place yourself in the care of a health professional, they become responsible for your safety. When a doctor or other healthcare worker is careless and you are hurt as a result, you could be owed compensation.
Common Types of Injuries
One of the most important steps you must take after your Bronx accident is seeking medical care ASAP. This is crucial because the doctor’s findings will help determine the value of your claim. They may also prove how the other party’s actions impacted your life.
Often, serious personal injury cases involve one or more of these injuries:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Loss of a limb
- Head or brain injuries
- An emotional disorder
- A chronic disease
- Neck or spinal injuries
- Sensory damage
- Disfigurement or scarring
New York Personal Injury Laws to Know
Every state has a statute of limitations. This marks how long after your accident you have the right to file a claim against the at-fault party. Failing to meet this deadline could lead to your case being thrown out.
In the Bronx and the rest of New York, you have three years from the date of your accident to file a claim. Three years pass quickly when you’re building a strong injury claim. That’s why you shouldn’t wait to get in touch with a Bronx injury lawyer.
Of course, should you develop new or worse symptoms during the three-year period, you should seek care ASAP. The more evidence you have of your condition, the easier it will be to file a successful personal injury claim.
Damages Your Bronx Injury Lawyer Can Help You Recover
As the victim of a personal injury, you’re likely eager to find out what your claim is worth. No two cases are the same, so it’s hard to provide an exact value at the outset. But there are some common types of benefits your lawyer can help you recover. These add to your total compensation amount.
Some types of compensation you can demand in your Bronx injury claim:
- Property damage
- Loss of earning capacity
- Lost wages
- Full medical care
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death benefits
- Loss of consortium
Bronx Personal Injury FAQ
When we begin working with new personal injury clients, they often have a lot of questions. We’ve answered some of those questions below. But we know you likely have more questions that are unique to your situation. For answers to all your questions, give us a call.
What happens if I’m partly at fault for my personal injury?
You can still recover compensation if you share some of the blame for your accident. This is because of a rule called comparative negligence. You can hold a percentage of the blame but still recover compensation that’s equal to the percentage of fault the other party holds.
Can I sue on my child’s behalf after getting hurt in a Bronx accident?
Yes. Minors cannot sue in New York, but you can sue on your child’s behalf.
Will I have to go to court if I file a Bronx personal injury claim?
If you file a personal injury claim in the Bronx, you won’t be forced to go to court. In fact, many personal injury cases settle out of court. But going to court might be the only way to recover fair compensation if the at-fault party or insurer won’t negotiate fairly.
Talk to a Personal Injury Lawyer in the Bronx
If you sustained a serious injury that wasn’t your fault, you don’t have to suffer alone. You have the right to seek compensation. Our team at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP would be happy to help you.
Get in touch with a Bronx personal injury lawyer to discuss your accident. To set up a free initial consultation, call us at 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462). To reach out online, fill out the contact form below.